Sunday, January 17, 2010

We watched a parade that was going through the small town main street. The crowd was gathered along admiring a few floats and antique cars. That was no multimillion dollar display but everything was done with taste and scale to the means of the town. The parade was winding down , my friends and I started to get thirsty for more of that great white wine. There was no easy way to reach the wine fountains since the crowd was still packed along side the streets. We decided to follow the tail end of the parade and get off to the nearest dispensing stand.
We were painstakingly walking through the crowd and suddenly I felt something tapping on my shoulder. Thinking I stepped on somebody's foot or aggravated a grouchy spectator, I turned around slowly when to my surprise ......... To be continued.......

Today at the shop:

As a way to redesign our space, we decided to create a new partition wall on the production floor. This wall will support a vertical rack that will hold all our sheet materials (wood panels, MDO, HDU, PVC, etc...) and keep them off the floor. This will greatly help when the delivery trucks come to bring our orders by being able to back-up directly in front of the bay and unload right into the racks. No more heavy lifting for long distances.
Also part of this wall will be a small closet that will host the central dust collector and some storage space. This confinement will make things look tidier and also muffle the noise generated by the collector.

Here is what it looks like now, I know, very messy but improvement in under way and really can not wait until the rack is in place.
You can also see on the upper right corner the wall saw we use to cut to size our blanks. Once all materials will get stored properly, the wall saw will be relocated right next to them so we can easily load the sheets in without having to move them for long distances (relatively speaking).
So....when are we starting all that good stuff ?
Well it is already started. One of our neighbors is a framer , he came yesterday to look at the project and gave us an estimate.
- "So Gary when can you start the partition ?"
- "I won't be able to get the job started before 3 weeks, I still have a project to wrap up".
I though to myself, I could do that wall but it would not be using my time wisely so I agreed to that time line.

No comments:

Post a Comment